Hearing management

Posted by: rashieda | 2010/01/21


Hearing problem

Could doc please help me as my husband has a hearing problem as his eardrum was damaged on a sportsfield as a young boy.My husband is 47 yrs old now and he had an op +- 22 years ago at GSH.We have medical aid now and I would like to have his hearing sorted out as I think he is sometimes depressed and embarresed about his earing. will another operation help or what is the next best thing to do.

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Rashieda

You have to start with a full hearing evaluation by an Audiologist. If you don't know of someone in your area, then please let me know and i will gladly refer you. (izabellepieterse@gmail.com)

Waiting to hear from you
Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: matladi mathiti | 2010/04/22

i have a hearing problem, but i never consulted with a specialists as i dont know any in my area. i am in the Eastern Cape

Reply to matladi mathiti
Posted by: Gaby | 2010/02/15


I have Tinnitus, and wanted to know any recomendation suppliments, I heard they can help..

I have tried serc and the Nutrea tinnius but nothing works.

my tinnius has gotten a little worse in one ear, I need some help with this one..I am really depressed lately.

I heard Tebbonin could help



Reply to Gaby

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.