Hearing management

Posted by: kp | 2007/07/28


hearing loss

my son 5, had grommets when he wasa baby,but now his ears seems to be discharging again. I took him to gp's and they give antibiotics and they stop for a week then start again. recently we discovered that he cannot hear you when you speak to him unless you shout or repeat what you are saying. he always wants the tv a little bit louder. Where do I start and audiologist or ear specialist? please help

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Kp

Please E-mail me at and i will gladly refer you to an audiologist in your area. It is important that we deal with this as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: patty | 2007/09/12

I feel ilke there is water in my ear, septic liquid was drained in June but I feel like there is still something inside making noise like a machine. Pls refer me to a good specialist arround, Alberton, Gauteng. I can't hear properly, people have to repeat themselves at all times.

Reply to patty

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.