Hearing management

Posted by: maria | 2010/06/14



hi doc
I have a problem I stopped hearing when i was young five yrs i became sick i stopped working for months then when i started walking my ears shut down completly at that time my folks couldnt afford to take me to specialists now im forty two i still cant hear but now i have this feeling that there is like a water in my ears and at times there this liquid that i feel come threw my ears to my mouth and the liquid is very bitter> please help doc is there a chance that maybe i can hear again that thing i feel in my ears is like water it feels as if the water can come out then my ears will be open> 

please help doc thanx alot> 

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Maria

It is important that you see a doctor, preferrably an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist. After all medical problems have been taken care of, it would also be advisable for you to see an Audiologist that can evaluate your hearing and make recommendations on how best to proceed.

Please let me know if you need a referral to a professional in your area (

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.