Hearing management

Posted by: giia | 2008/10/03


Ear problems

I desparately need help, i have had earache for the past 2 years, it feels like my ears crackle they also ring sometimes,throbbing sensation and feel blocked. i also discovered that i have a bump on the right side of neck, which i have never had before.
I went to a GP and she told me i should see a ENT specialist.
So that is what i did, he looked in my ears and said there is nothing wrong with them, and the lump is normal. that cost me R500 cash.
I was soooo angry, i am 23 years old and cant afford medical aid.
I just tried to live with the pain , because i cant afford to run to a bunch of different doctors.
The pain has become so uncomfortable i cant work , gym , concentrate. i am irritable all the time , i cant go on like this anymore!
please help

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Giia

I am so sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience, unfortunately i would have to advise you to do the same again. You need to see an ENT for a second opinion. It is definitely not normal to have constant pain and the lump concerns me. Please e-mail me at izabelle@widex.co.za for a referral to a specialist in your area. I know it is costly but it is worth it for the sake of your health.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and i will do what i can to help you

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.