Hearing management

Posted by: a | 2005/07/12


Ear infection and bells palsy

My boyfreind (37yrs) developed an ear infection about two weeks ago. he eventually went to see a doctor when one side of his face started becoming paralysed. He was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. Given antibiotics and Advil CS. He is still in pain a week later and his face is not close to getting better. What can he do and how long will it take to heal.? Will the paralysis go away? I am concerned about him because he is getting frustrated.

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear A

It seems like you have valid concerns, i would recommend that you go back to the doctor as soon as possible and discuss these with him/her. I am not sure whether he saw a ENT specialist or GP. It would be advisable to seek the opinion of a specialist in this case.

Kind regards

Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: d | 2005/07/13

Keep the doctor informed. He may need to see an ENT specialist. Don't delay treatment.

Reply to d

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.