Hearing management

Posted by: | 2019/05/07



Good day, Please can you assist. My mother suffers from severe tinnitus to the point that she is depressed. Could I please speak to you about possible ways to reduce the pain?

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert
- 2019/05/13

Good day,

I would recommend that your mom sees an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and have her hearing assessed by an Audiologist. This assessment may give more information on the reason she is experiencing tinnitus and would guide the Audiologist in suggesting techniques for managing or coping with her tinnitus. 

In the meantime, your mom can try to introduce soothing sounds into her environment that act to take her focus off the tinnitus. For example, calming music, nature sounds, or even white noise.

In terms of your mother's depression, she should seek advice from relevant healthcare practitioners to address this as well. 

Kind regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.