Hearing management

Posted by: NADINE | 2006/10/25


10 year old gets bad ear infections

My 10 year old has had 3 bad ear infections in about the last 5 months. When she has had them, sleeps little and her ear oozes excessively.

Please I know i must do something about it, only i dont have medical aid and i am a single mother.

The last doctor we saw said she would have to go to a specialist. What would they do and what price range are we looking at. I must do something soon as I am worried about her hearing.

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Nadine

The doctor that you saw gave you good advice - you will have to take her to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist. You can try and go to a public hospital, i am just not sure how long the waiting list will be. In most cases you can go and wait there but you will have to go very early and be prepared to spend the whole day there. Your other options is to go and see a private practitioner and then ask to have any further treatment done through the government hospitals.

Please let me know if you need any further information or referrals

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.