Is your lounge a safe place for children? Use our safety check list.
- Do you take care not to plug too many appliances into one socket?
- Are electric sockets covered with heavy furniture or safety covers when not in use?
- Are all worn flexes repaired?
- Are screwdrivers and other thin objects which can be inserted into plug holes far away from plugs?
- Are flexes shortened and secured to the wall?
- Are book shelves and other furniture are sturdy so that they cannot topple over?
- Do you have a fireguard which is fixed to the wall?
- Do your always extinguish the fire before going to bed?
- Have you covered sharp furniture with corner or edge cushions?
- Do you use place mats instead of tablecloths?
- Have you locked away all alcohol?
- Do you take care never to leave matches, lighters or cigarettes lying around?
- Are cords tied high up and out of reach?
- Have you taught children under five years never to play with cords, ropes, etc.?