Your feet and ankles look normal in the morning, but by the end of the day they're swollen and you can't wait to get your shoes off.
- Cut back on salt, which contributes to fluid retention.
- Roll on support stockings, which promote circulation and limit gravitational movement of fluids.
- Exercise regularly to improve circulation.
- Lose excess weight, which slows the circulation and puts extra pressure on your veins.
- Avoid long periods of sitting.
- Review your medications with your doctor to see if any of them contribute to swelling.
South African Podiatry Association (SAPA)