Posted by: | 2018/05/26


vaginal discharging thick whitish substance during sex

i have 2 kids all through op. am 39 years. my problem is that i discharge whitish thick substance during sex. its so bad that it even disturbs my mind and am worried about the feelings of my husband. tried to seek medical attention but i was told its a vaginal infection but nothing has changed. worried. please help

Expert's Reply


Cancer expert
- 2018/05/28

Dear Anonymous. A whitish vaginal discharge (often quite thick and may even look like cottage cheese) is usually as a result of a yeast infection. A vaginal yeast infection is more common than many may think. If you did not get a prescription from your treating physician, you can ask your pharmacist for an over-the-counter medicine. The infection should clear up within about three days. It is advisable that you do not have sexual intercourse until the infection has cleared up. If your husband is not circumcised, there is always the possibility of the yeast harboring under the foreskin of the penis, and this could possibly increase the chances of him giving you the yeast infection again. Discuss this with your husband – I am sure that he will understand and support you. (MCH).

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.