Posted by: | 2018/11/01



My father has a massive lump in his right thigh. A biopsy was done 3 years ago with no results. He is diabetic and since the biopsy the wounds has never healed. The lump is now as big as a soccer ball the doctors are scared the see him. Nobody can tell us what is the cause of it or what it is. It now almost every day bleeds and he has pain. Can you please assist me or refer me to someone that can help. We have been to so much general practitioners and no one seems to have a solution for us or even try to refer us to someone that can help

Expert's Reply


Cancer expert
- 2018/11/02

Dear Anonymous. You make no mention of your status in South Africa. If your father is a South African citizen, he qualifies to be seen by a medical specialist in the public hospital sector. The fact that you refer to general practitioners, indicates to me that your father does not qualify for free public health. If he is a South African citizen, kindly take him to a public hospital for attention. The lump needs to be investigated and treated. (MCH).

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.