Posted by: David | 2019/03/11


Mole/spot on my legs, should I be concerned?

Three days ago I found a spot/mole on my leg. It is not immediately painful; however, with continued rubbing it gets agitated. Similar to that of a dull pimple that is healing. It is raised, almost perfectly round, and dark purple. The more I rub it or apply pressure to it, it won't pop but the skin around it becomes red as if the mole is bleeding under the skin. Should I be concerned?

Expert's Reply


Cancer expert
- 2019/03/14

Dear David, any mole on one’s body that gets irritated or what appears to be a pimple that will not ‘pop’ requires medical attention - preferably a dermatologist (a medical doctor that specialises in skin conditions). I would suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor to refer you to a dermatologist. One should not neglect changes in a mole – believing that it will go away. (MCH).

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.