Health Canada offers these tips to prevent golf-related neck, shoulder, and back pain:
- Always warm up. This can help loosen your muscles and prevent injury.
- Use the right equipment. Clubs that are too short or too long can aggravate your back.
- Wear soft spikes on your shoes. They provide cushioning for your back.
- Use a pull cart. It's easier on your back.
- Take lessons to learn proper techniques.
- After a few holes, take a couple of practice swings the "wrong" way. – (HealthScout News)