Even 10 to 20 years after having an allergic reaction from an insect sting, the chance of having another reaction remains significant.
The college also offered the following sting-prevention tips:
- Wear pants and long-sleeve shirts when gardening or working outdoors.
- Don't walk barefoot in the grass.
- Be careful when eating or drinking anything sweet.
- Don't wear sweet-smelling perfumes, hairsprays and deodorants when you're outside.
- Don't wear brightly coloured clothing with floral patterns.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has more about insect bites and stings.