Posted by: Shelley | 2009/09/09


who can test for ADHD?

Hi, the school has told me to get my son (6yrs) tested - where do i start with what type of doctor? i took him to a physic to deal with my divorce this year and she only suggested he was aggressive. last year i had his IQ tested etc and she didnt say he was adhd... could this be newly developed?
please can you give me some concrete advice - before i start taking him for test upon test.... as this can also be scary for children i have been told.

Expert's Reply


ADHD Expert

Dear Shelley,
A diagnosis of ADHD can be made by a psychiatrist, psychologist, GP or neurologist. The trick is to find a medical professional who has had experience with ADD and ADHD. Please contact ADHASA at or 011 888 7655; they will be able to suggest a medical professional in your area.
Kind regards,

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.