Posted by: mondes | 2009/02/24



Dear Doc,
My son is 6 years and in Grade 1. The teacher has been complaining that the child do not concertrate in the class and is disruptive. He is very hyperactive at home too. He is a very health boy.We would like to know which specialist should we take him to?


Expert's Reply


ADHD Expert

Dear Mondes,
An educational psychologist would be able to diagnose as well as provide you with further steps to take from an educational perspective. Your GP should be able to refer to someone in your area, alternatively you can search on for an educational psychologist in your area.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Tom | 2009/02/26

look up adhdsupport in sa and you will find a list of people in Capetown

Reply to Tom
Posted by: Murtle | 2009/02/26

Try DR Adri Van Der Walt. Near Panorama Medi clinic.
She is very good. Specialises in childred with concentration problems etc. Her number is 021 930 0250

Reply to Murtle
Posted by: mondes | 2009/02/25

No I' m in Cape Town.

Reply to mondes
Posted by: Tom | 2009/02/25

are you in Joburg?

Reply to Tom

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.