Posted by: Nick | 2008/06/29


Adhd Info

hi there i was diagnosed with adhd and add when i was seven took ritalin successfully till standard eight then stopped, did ok but not teriffic in school. Point is as a adult of 27 i struggle to complete simple tasks, but in when people talk make mistakes all the time and im not observant. My question is ritalin the best medication to take again or if not can u refer me to a specialist who i can be assessed with in the cape town area. I would greately appreciate this as my current relationship is failing misrably. Thank you in advance Nick Felmore

Expert's Reply


ADHD Expert

Dear Nick,
Your GP will be able to reccomend and refer you to the appropriate specialist in your area. The most common medications for ADHD are Ritalin, Concerta and Stratera; each have their own side effects and each person will respond better to one than the other. I am sorry to hear your relationship is suffering as a result; I wonder if you have explained ADHD from your perspective, the difficulties you experience? This may help your partner to understand you a little better. You need a good support system, even if you are on medication.
Kind regards.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.