Posted by: natasha | 2009/08/05


ADD-please help

i am in my twenties and convinced that i' m ADD. i dont concentrate on anything and always day dreaming and have been like that from school. have been to a pscologist but she just hynotised me to try and get me to concentrate but did' t confirm if i am ADD or not. i can' t afford to go back to her and can' t afford a psyc either. is it advisable for me to try the ADD tablets from the pharmarcy or will that cause more damage to me.

Expert's Reply


ADHD Expert

Dear Natasha,
The tablets you will be given over the counter are supplements and therefore cannot really cause you harm but may not benefit you either. The medications used to treat ADD must be prescribed by a doctor (GP, neurologist or psychiatrist) after a thorough evaluation to confirm your diagnosis. Your GP should be able to point you in the direction of a professional who can assess you; alternatively contact the Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Support Group of South Africa at for a medical professional in your area.
Kind regards,

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.