Posted by: | 2018/05/25


How do I get help as an adult with no medical aid

I have attention problems. I have never officially been diagnosed. I have suspected it since a few years ago. My daughter has been diagnosed and is getting the correct help, however my whole life is chaotic. I have never been able to hold onto a job. I forget things, I cannot stay on task running my own business, my house is a mess and I feel like I am driving my whole family crazy. I have had to close my business and I have just started a new one which I am afraid will fail too. Now I have to support my daughter who is really struggling, but I can't even get my own life in order. Every time We go see her psychologist, I am reminded of some area in which I am failing to help her, so yes, I am feeling rather useless. I feel I can turn things around, but with no medical aid and no money to talk off, I am feeling rather hopeless. Is there any solution for someone like me? Government institution I can go to? I am in Gauteng

Expert's Reply


ADHD Expert
- 2018/05/28

It is important that you have a thorough evaluation/consultation. You will have to visit your local clinic, from where you can be referred to a community/public sector psychiatrist for assessment.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.