Being well cared for after accidents is not the only reason why having a medical scheme is important.
- If you're a medical scheme member, get your paperwork sorted out with your medical scheme before you're admitted, you usually need to get an authorisation number
- Find out which hospital group your medical scheme prefer, this could save you money
- Remember to take your ID book, medical scheme membership card and other personal details with you when you check in
- Alert the hospital prior to admission if you're vegetarian, or require halaal food, or any other special diet
- Make sure the doctors and nurses are aware of any allergies you might have.
10 reasons to have a schememedical
Medical scheme dependants: who qualifies?