Lack of regular sexual stimulation of the vagina, premature menopause or a history of irregular periods can increase your risk.
- Short-acting, water-based vaginal lubricants, such as KY Jelly, can be used immediately before sexual intercourse to supply moisture (petroleum-based products such as Vaseline should be avoided)
- It may also help to take a warm bath before intercourse
- Regular sexual activity can help to improve natural lubrication, and keep the vagina moist and toned
Who suffers from it?
- Women in perimenopause and menopause
- Women who have just given birth or breastfeeding mothers
- Women on low dose contraceptive pills
- Women on chemotherapy for breast cancer
Vaginal dryness: the facts
Vaginal dryness and sexual discomfort