There are many features in a sports bra that could make your exercise experience extremely uncomfortable and even painful.
But if you know what to look out for, exercise could be a pleasure.
- Less vertical stretch than horizontal stretch to stop the bounce
- Wide straps made out of firm, non-slip and non-stretch fabric to offer more support
- Absorptive, non-allergic and non-abrasive fabric
- Covered hooks to prevent chafing
- Wide elastic bands that fit around your ribs to stop the bra riding up and rubbing
- Labels that are covered, made of soft fabric or hidden to eliminate chafing
- A racer or T-back style if your sport requires freedom of arm movement (for example, tennis and squash).
How to choose the right sports bra
Finding the perfect bra