The parched air during the winter months in some areas can take a toll on skin, leaving it dry and itchy.
The Harvard Medical School offers these suggestions to help ward off dry skin during winter:
- Run a humidifier that's set to about 60%.
- Bathe only once daily for up to 10 minutes, using lukewarm (not hot) water.
- Use moisturising cleanser over plain soap.
Read: How to take care for combination skin
- Allow shave gel or cream to soak into your skin before you begin shaving.
- Don't use a washcloth, sponge or scrub brush on your skin.
- Apply moisturiser immediately after bathing or washing hands.
- If you have an itch, don't scratch. Instead, apply a cold compress or moisturiser.
A natural approach to skin problems
What to eat for a healthier skin
5 steps to blemish-free healthy skin