Ingrown hairs are usually the cause of razor bumps and are created when hairs curve and re-enter the skin. People with tightly curled head hair are often plagued by ingrown hairs, because the irregular shape and the tight curve of their hair shafts, increases the chance that hair will double back and penetrate the skin.
- Shave less closely for a while, by switching from a twin-blade to a single blade razor.
- Buy disposable razors and use them only once.
- Always use a fresh, sharp razor blade.
- Shave every second day.
- Shave after a steaming hot shower.
- Shave frequently.
- Read How to get the perfect shave.