1. There are 100 billion nerves in your brain alone.
2. There are more nerve cells in the human brain than stars in the Milky Way.
3. If we lined up all the neurons in our body it would be around 965 km long.
Read: HIV affects the nervous system within days of infection
4. The left side of human brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body.
5. Newborn babies lose about half their nerve cells before they are born.
6. There are about 13.5 million neurons in the human spinal cord.
7. The nervous system can transmit nerve impulses as fast as 100 meters per second, and in some cases, the speed of transmission is around 180 miles per hour.
8. Men's brains have 6.5 times more gray matter compared to women, but the female brain has 10 times more white matter compared to men.
Read: Here's how alcohol messes with your nervous system
Eric Clapton describes nerve pain as 'electric shocks'
Will brain freeze ice up your brain?
Your nervous system is a built-in supercomputer