Question
Posted by: ALICE | 2007/06/22

ZYBAN - QUITTING SMOKING

I have tried zyban, which did work in assisting me to stop smoking. The only problem is that i broke out in quite a bad rash. I had to stop taking it and then went back to smoking.
My question is : Is there a chance in the futurn / near future, Zyban will not have that same effect?
Is there anything else on the market that is similiar to Zyban that i can try?

Thanks.

Dear Alice
No there is not anything similar to Zyban. I would be hesitant to put you back onto Zyban as you may be allergic to it.
there is one in the pipeline:
Varenicline is only the second nicotine-free smoking cessation drug to gain Food and Drug Administration approval. Pfizer plans to market the twice-daily tablet as Chantix.

1
Posted by: alice | 2007/06/25

do you have any idea when it might be available on the market?
is it worth going to see my gp to discuss and possible get perscription?
thanks.

Reply to alice