Posted by: Jem | 2008/08/13

Zyban Prescription

Hi . I am currently not on any prescription medicines nor have been for over 5 years. I have no medical conditions but am desperate to quit smoking. Is there any way I can get a prescription for Zyban without having to fork out the R250 for a doctors appointment?

Hi Jem
Nope, it is a scheduled drug and needs to be prescribed by a doctor as there are potentially dangerous side effects and some people can't risk taking it ( it can cause seizures and agitation in some patients), so your doctor have to examine you first before prescribing it. Have you tried stop smoking programs? (like

Posted by: pp | 2008/08/14

Hi Jem be careful with that stuff it made me go wacky no sleep, irritable, palpitations, terrible stuff. so I stopped and quit cold turkey it is better first two weeks are tough then persivererance one day at a time . 4 years now so good luck

Reply to pp