Question
Posted by: Darren | 2007/02/22

Zyban

Hi I need advise on the medication Zyban , I have decided to try it to stop smoking but I have a heart murmur , will it affect this at all , and is there anything else I need to worry about?

Dear Darren
Zyban is a type of antidepressant and can have side-effects which may dry mouth, sleeping problems, agitation, anxiety, skin rashes, shakiness, headache, increased sweating, constipation and fatigue. The most serious, but rare, potential side effect is seizures, which affect about 1 in 1000 people. You can't take this with alcohol or high coffee intake. Best to take this under doctor's supervision.