Question
Posted by: Lila | 2004/03/12

Zopax- side effects

I am currently on zopax (antidepressants). Are there any side effects?

OK, Lila. Zopax is not an antidepressant at all. Zopax is the trade name for Alprazolam, which is one of the Valium amily of drugs. Though it may not be as depressing as others of that family can be, and can be useful perhaps in treating an anxiety disorder with really mild depression, it is not an efective antidepressant for treating a significant Depression. It can produce, like others of that family, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, slurred speech, and other less common efects which will be listed in the package insert which should have been provided with your first package of the drug ( of any drug ).

16
Posted by: Taafidah | 2016/02/20

I use Zopax often, sleep disorder and stress. I need to know if it is possible to cause tremors or shakiness in the hand. My hand shakes when I lift it for any reason. When I pick the phone up, etc.

Reply to Taafidah
Posted by: DL | 2015/07/01

I take it occasionally , it helps with sleep and anxiety in really bad times but it should not be used constantly because your brain makes adaptive changes as you get more and more tolerant to the drug . Use with caution and very short term would be my advice

Reply to DL | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: mogul | 2016/03/10

true! it has zero tolerance for smoking and or drinking. only use when your priorities are right

Posted by: Rinaj08@hotmail.com1 | 2015/04/30

Please advise which is better for sleeping Aspen trazadone or Zopas? Thankyou! I suffer from depression for which I take Leximal 20 and to sleep Aspen Trazadone, but I find that I forget what I am talking about, and the side effects which you mention! As I have only used Zopas when very stressed, 0,25 and sleep well when I do take 0,5! I would like to know which of the 2 tablets I should use? Thx

Reply to Rinaj08@hotmail.com1
Posted by: m.ismail | 2014/11/10

Taking .25 zopax any way to come of zopax

Reply to m.ismail
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/31

I am also takin .25mg zopax I sleep wel dependin on surrodings eg no extra eating talking an noise taking it for last 30 yrs nose gt block an mouth dry

Posted by: Quntin | 2014/04/09

Hi just want find out my wife is using zopax 0.5mg and she is complaining her muscles is very sore is that SIDE EFFECT OF THE ZOPAX

Reply to Quntin
Posted by: Musa | 2014/04/03

I struggle 2 sleeep at night?nd there's nothing worying me,am nt stressed,wht could b wrong with me?which pills can I use?cause I hv bin taking zopax 0.25 bt I think they r so use 2 my body nd they dnt make me sleep

Reply to Musa | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/13

tel your doctor that the pills arent working anymore, and then suggest he/she gives you a higher dosage. im in 0.5mg. theres also 1mg

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/20

i have been on Zorpax 1,0 for over a year and I am trying to stop. Can someone help. The side effects are servear dizziness, dry mouth, ataxia. please help. I never knew this was so addictive,

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/13

yes the side effects are terrible. And the box came with no instructions which usually give info on the side effects. It makes me tired.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/08/31

Possible side effects include: Disinhibition Change in libido Jaundice (very rare) Hallucinations (rare) Dry mouth (infrequent) Ataxia, slurred speech Suicidal ideation (rare) Urinary retention (infrequent) Skin rash, respiratory depression, constipation Anterograde amnesia and concentration problems Drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue, unsteadiness and impaired coordination, vertigo (wikipedia)

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/03/28

is there valium in zopax

Posted by: Bea | 2006/04/07

What are the side effects of taking Zopax

Reply to Bea
Posted by: jj | 2005/07/16

Please let me know if there is any form of alternative safer natural? form for zopax

Reply to jj
Posted by: ANNATJIE | 2004/03/17

to help me to sleep for more than 3 hrs a night

Reply to ANNATJIE