Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2004/03/02

Zone - no explanation!

I wrote a message a few weeks ago and you suggested that I look for the specific exercises in the "zone" section of this website. It only contains an explanation on how to do dead lifts - which I already know. I am still looking for a description of how to do a "Roman dead lift" and also a "Good Morning".

I know that these are leg exercises, but not sure how to do them.

Please assist.

Theresa

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Theresa,

Roman dead lifts and good mornings. Ok, please post your e-mail address and I'll mail a description to you.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

1
Posted by: Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist | 2004/03/03

Theresa,

No need to post your e-mail address-here are the descriptions:

1) Good Mornings

1. Stand upright with a barbell on your shoulders. Your feet should be shoulder width apart and your hands wider to grip the balance the weight.

2. Your knees can be slightly bent and your back should be arched slightly.

3. Inhale, hold your breath and bend forward at the hips.

4. When your upper body is horizontal, reverse your direction and exhale at the top of the movement.

5. When you are at advanced stage in doing this exercise you may perform it straight legged.

2) Roman Deadlifts

1. Stand with a narrow stance, legs slightly bent at knees and upper body straight.

2. Slowly bend over until your back is parallel to the floor.

3. Grip a barbell on the floor. Your hands should be slightly wider thanyour shoulders and your grip can either be overhand or mixed if you have a heavy weight.

4. Inhale and hold your breath as you raise your body.

5. When you reach an upright position, exhale and lower the weight while keeping the weight as close to the body as possible.

6. You may perform this exercise from a platform for greater stretch.

Hope this helps and keep in touch,

Conrad Booysen-Body Building Expert

Reply to Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist