Question
Posted by: Twig | 2007/04/24

Zolpidem

Hi CS

Is it bad to take Zolpidem to have a good night’s sleep? If I don’t take it I’m sleeping very restlessly, waking up several times and having difficulty to fall asleep again. When I took the Zolpidem I feel much more rested and alert the next day. I’m scared I may become addicted to the tablets if I use it continuously.

Zolpidem is one of the better sleeping meds, originally marketed as Stilnox. It has not shown a significant risk of addiction / dependence ( if used carefully and not continuously for long periods ) and is designed to be metabolized before morning, avoiding the otherwise usual morning hangover from older sleeping pills
Risperdal is an antipsychotic tranquillizer, very useful in schizophrenia, and though some might use it for agitation within anxiety. in my experience it isn't particularly sedative, even if it i8s calming, and may indeed give a person more energy at night and dlay the onset of sleep

2
Posted by: rubysouw@hotmail.co.za | 2014/05/27

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

Reply to rubysouw@hotmail.co.za
Posted by: Twig | 2007/04/24

I forgot to mention I'm also taking 1 mg Risperdal at night. A shrink told me that will help me sleep, but it doesn’t make any difference. I don't know why i'm still taking it. It was prescribed for severe agitation.

Reply to Twig