Question
Posted by: Almost mom to be | 2008/05/29

Zoloft & pregnancy

I need some advice, one dr says one thing and another dr says another thing. i am totally lost.
I have been on Zoloft (50g) per day for about 7 months now, for anxiety attacks. But my husband and i want to have a baby. Should i go off Zoloft and risk getting panic attacks again or can i stay on zoloft while pregnant.
Please let me know if Zoloft can hurt a baby at all??
I would appreciate that.

Zoloft is relatively safe in pregnancy. If the panic attacks are severe, you should probably stay on it.

1
Posted by: Att: Almost Mom to be | 2008/05/29

Hi there!

I am just speaking from my experience - I am on Zoloft and when I fell pregnant my psychiatrist and gynae said it's safe. Also read in What to expect when you are expecting that Zoloft and Paxil are safe to use in pregnancy.

Hope this info helps a bit!
Good luck and take care!

Reply to Att: Almost Mom to be