Question
Posted by: mum | 2004/11/10

ZETOP

I have been prescribed ZETOP on a indefinate basis for my 4.5 year old son and RINEX 3x a day for a week. He has been on these medicenes now for 3 days and I do not see a improvement.
He is realy suffering with his sinus. His mucous is also thick & green. His eyes are full of "sleep" and he has dark circles under his eyes.
I cannot afford to keep going to the doctor.
Am I expecting too much too soon.???????
Would you recommend a antibiotic?? which one??

Expert ImagePharmacist

The zetop is an antihistamine and the Rinex is a syrup for cold and flu symptoms to dry up a nose and post nasal drip. You should probably have seen results by now...
The mucus is a sign that he may need antibiotics........but for this he will have to see a doctor once again.