Question
Posted by: PIT | 2006/10/27

Yuppie Griep

I have been sick and sick and sick this past 6 months, broncho monia twice and then pneumonia, I also have a lot of joint aches and pains especially when I wake up or have been sitting for quite a while. Now it is through the day as well, especially in my hands and fingers. My doctor has done quite a number of tests and yesterday I got the verdict of Yuppie Griep. What can I do, what can I take to just feel better?

Dear Pit
Another name is chronic fatique syndrome or fibromyalgia.
See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079
Try taking Viral choice C or Moducare to boost your immunity.
BUT normally fibromyalgia causes more pain in the muscles and bigger joints - maybe it will be worth your while to get a second opinion from a rheumatologist ( ask your doctor for copies of all the tests they have done so far)
See easyinfo.co.za under medical for one near you.