Posted by: PA | 2008/08/27

Your views please

I am working as a PA to the CFO. There is this guy who is working very closely with the CFO and I always assist him in anything he wants. Its like I am also his PA or something, i don' t have a problem with that, but this morning I felt so huliliated by him. Its a long story and I don' t want to waiste your time with the details, but i think he really humiliated me with all the things he said. I decided to write him an email expressing the way i felt, he didn' t respond, istead he fowarded the email to my boss who is not around till Friday(I have an access to my boss' s emails).
Call me a coward,but right now I am feeling butterflies in my stomach, i feel so nervous, its like I' ve done something bad. I am a born again christian, and I believe in God. I was not rude in the email, just made my point. Now I have to wait for my boss' s reaction when she sees the email. What do you thing guys?, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?...Didn' t want to talk to him face 2 face, am not good at that. Please people, I need your views

Discuss the situation with HR ? And make it clear, maybe in am E-mail to your boss, that you would appreciate clarity as to the extent to which you should have been working effectively as this guy's PA, and that you felt very jurt about how he humiliated you. And as P says, speak about this to your boss as soon as she gets back.

This man sounds like a coward. He' s quite happy to humiliate you but can' t face the music even on email, but forwards it to your boss.

If your boss asked you to check his emails, then it' s to be expected that you' d see the forwarded mail. In this case, email the boss'  assistant again, saying you' ve noticed that he' s forwarded the mail to your boss, and you' d prefer to resolve the issue between the two of you, instead of getting your boss involved in petty nonsense. CC your boss on the mail as well.

If you' re not meant to see your boss'  emails, have a word with him as soon as he' s back in the office, before he has an opportunity to read his mail.

This guy is probably treated like dirt at home, and you are his only way of making him feel better about himself. Typical bully mentality, creates havoc and then can' t face the music.

If you were to the point and civil in your mail, you did nothing wrong. I agree with CS, discuss your exact duties with your boss, and once you have that, email this fool and tell him from now on, he can be his own skivvy.

Posted by: Bonaqua | 2008/08/28

For startes, I hope you changed the status of the email to unread. Pretend you did not read it and today post your incident to your boss. If you and your boss has a good relationship she will view the case being a neutral person. If the other guy assisting the CFO is already in your boss' s good books, then its a bit tricky. Everybody wants to be in good shoes with high level people. Being the PA he might make it look like your not cooperative. Good luck....

Reply to Bonaqua
Posted by: ALR | 2008/08/27

And stop doing odds and ends for this other guy... he doesnt pay you do to his work and now he' s just thrown in back in your face.

Ask for a salary or stop helping him!

Reply to ALR
Posted by: Babe | 2008/08/27

I agree with P.

Reply to Babe
Posted by: P | 2008/08/27

Talk to ur manager abt it as soon as she gets back,before that guy speaks to her and before she sees the email.

Reply to P