Question
Posted by: Someone | 2007/02/19

Your take on this?

It's been more than a week since he dumped me. Saturday I went to see him, it was just like old times, he says he loves me..forever. Then on Saturday night my sister saw him flirting with and kissing other women.

I feel so used..he's aware of the fact that I know that he behaves in such a disrespectful manner for everyone who knows me to see, he says that it doesn't matter. Sure it doesn't cause we are not together anymore, but how can he be so insensitive and inconsiderate?

I can't take this anymore...

WHY oh WHY did you go to see him again ? You are inviting further hurt --- like someone who tramped on a drawing pin, and then goes back to tramp on it again and again. If you have broken up, with good reason, he can do what he likes and you should not allow yourself to care about it. It no longer has anything to do with you. Do you really expect a mean, lying, and cheating man to live like a saint for the rest of his life after leaving you ?

2
Posted by: Gen | 2007/02/19

I know at this stage it is hard for you to cut yourself loose from your ex-boyfriend. The 2 of you have share a lot things and it is obvious that it is going to be hard to go on with life without him. I've been single for the past 5 months after I've found out that my now ex-fiance was cheating on me and made the girl he cheated on me with pregnant. I know it is going to be hard not to think about him or to contact him. Don't know exactly what happened between the 2 of you, but you have to start thinking about you and what you want for you and your life. Ask yourself the question if you are better off without him or not? And you are the only one who can answer this question. It is you and your needs that have to come first now and you need to give yourself time to heal after what he has done to you. Although it is 5 months after I broke off my engagement with my ex fiance, I still find it hard at times not to think about him or try to contact him. Each day is slowly, but surely becoming easier to handle and to come to terms that I'm single again. Good Luck.

Reply to Gen
Posted by: G | 2007/02/19

Hi Someone

Sorry to hear of his immature, mean and inconsiderate behaviour towards you. I know that it is tough - but surely you are making it more difficult for yourself by remaining in contact with him ... especially when he obviously has no regard for your feelings.

Cut your ties completely - leave him as an ex - and don't give him as much power over you. BELIEVE ME, I know it's difficult, but the sooner you start to move on from him, the sooner you can distance yourself from his terrible behavious and letting it hurt you.

Count yourself luck to break free from him ... who need a jackass like that ... as a friend or as a boyfriend?

Reply to G