Question
Posted by: HER | 2008/05/28

Your opinion please

There is a statement that I have read many times, it indicates that you can't get married to a man who ha many children with different women, you need to ask yourself a question why he did not marry one of those women. My question is? what if you love that man so much, isn't love supposed to overcome everything?..others say once a womaniser, always a womaniser, what do you feel about this statement?...They say people never change, I believe God changes people...I know people have different opinions, but i would really love to here yours.

Whoever says love can achieve anything, hasn't seriously tested that assumption. Love can achieve a lot if you are both working from the same point and to the same map --- and if you both love each other. NO man who loved a woman could do what this guy has done.
Love is NOT brain surgery, and one-sided love ( yours ) will NOT EVER EVER EVER change a philanderer, a serial cheater, into a loving and faithful spouse. And I don't believe God interferes in such matters. Above all, you seem to keep overlooking the critical factor --- he is a serial cheater who uncaringly has children with different women and leaves them all behind --- he's happy that way, he doesn't sincerely see anything wrong with it, and he does not want to change. In that case, no-matter how much you love him, he will not change.

6
Posted by: vW | 2008/05/29

I know its difficult to change someone, if i were you i was going to look somewhere else and think twice before i can commit myself. There more trouble with that man, you wont agree now but at a later stage you will tell me. What special thing do you have that other women doesnt have. That's my question. Maintance issue is still a problem, you will be fighting over finance issue, when you ask he will tell you i am supporting my 7 children. Think twice, i know its difficult, be careful

Reply to vW
Posted by: vW | 2008/05/29

Reply to vW
Posted by: vW | 2008/05/29

I know its difficult to change someone, if i were you i was going to look somewhere else and think twice before i can commit myself. There more trouble with that man, you wont agree now but at a later stage you will tell me. What special thing do you have that other women doesnt have. That's my question. Maintance issue is still a problem, you will be fighting over finance issue, when you ask he will tell you i am supporting my 7 children. Think twice, i know its difficult, byt be careful

Reply to vW
Posted by: HER | 2008/05/28

Thanks for your opinions guys. Believe me, I was just asking out of curiosity, really had to hear other people's opinions.

Reply to HER
Posted by: Saturn | 2008/05/28

Yes, please do change! and God can change people. But it all does not happen sommer van self. You have to believe in God,, and ask Him to help you change. You must wnat to change, and you would have to work very hard.
What is his reason for breaking up with the others?

Reply to Saturn
Posted by: EL | 2008/05/28

Because maybe you will just be one of those women. If you want to marry him you must know that you marry him for who he is. Maybe they all thought that they could change him...

Reply to EL