Question
Posted by: Bella | 2008/02/04

Your diet plan

Hi doc

I am 1.73m tall, weigh 75, medium build 35y female. No health problems or medication. I would like to loose 5kgs. On your diet plan, if you follow it 100% and are exercising, how much can you expect to lose on a weekly basis?

Dear Bella
Your present BMI = 25,1 and if you lose 5 kg, your BMI will be 23,4, which is close to ideal. If you use the low-fat diet and do at least 30 min of aerobic exercise a day then you should lose between 0,5 and 5 kg per week - slow and steady which is better than fast because the latter type of weight loss is often associated with just as rapid a re-gain of all the lost weight.

1
Posted by: JAMES | 2009/02/17

1,88metres
72 kg

Reply to JAMES