Question
Posted by: icy w&h | 2003/03/19

Young couple, little sex?

My husband and I have been married for two years (and since have been unsuccesfully trying to have a baby). We seem to have lost our passion for sex lately. We probably have sex once (around ovulation time) or twice a month... and that's all! I am only 27 and he, 32. We run a wilderness camp together, live a stress-free live in the mountains far from any cities or towns. We work from 8-5 and three or four nights a week, so are not overworked or anything. We both dream we have sex with each other but we don't do it! At least we still talk about it. Should we go and see someone or what do you think could be the problem? We love each other madly and would not even think of cheating on one another. Could it be that we are only concentrating on having a baby or can it be something else?
Many thanks,
Icy wife & hubby.

Sex sounds awfully clinical in the wilderness. When last have you two had sex for fun and not sex for procreation. Try to get the emphasis on fun rather than on getting pregnant.
There are lots of self help books available:
7 weeks to better sex Dr Domeena Renshaw
The Joy of Sex
The Big O by Lou Paget.

Sex a Life Long pleasure is a 5 part video series that is avaialble from my office e-mail me at sexually@702.co.za