Question
Posted by: Janice | 2007/02/27

Yorkie pregnant!?!

Hello,

my yorkie had puppies over a year ago... i was on not home at the time so i didn't see what her symptoms were. i arrived home a week before she had the pups...

I have to ask this. What am i looking for in my dog to tell me whether she is pregnant or not? she was on heat about a month ago and i tried to keep the male away from her but i have no idea if i succeeded!!! She has just gotten very fat in the last week and a half.

Please could you help me by telling me what else i can do or how i can check

Your vet will be able to examine the dog and tell you if she is already a month pregnant. Some dogs look more obviously pregnant than others even early on and can have a distended abdomen. Some don't show until a couple of weeks before whelping.