Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2007/08/07

Yorkie care

Hi, I met a lady at the vet with a yorkie with beautiful hair- unlike mines hair. My ones hair is a bit dry, I use Hylite shampoo. This lady said she uses Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I just want to find out if it is safe for her as she has a skin problem. I think its excema. The vet thought it was ringworm and treated her with ointment but that just made it worse. I use vaseline and that seems to help.
Pls give me advise as i would like to care for her hair without affecting her skin problem

There are many shampoos available from your Vet and Vet Shop that cater for man different types of skin. Prefrably use one of them.

1
Posted by: Yorkie Mom | 2007/08/18

I have 3 yorkies and I use tea tree shampoo for dogs at the vet. Its great for it helps the skin and keep fleas and ticks at bay. When I comb their hair I mix Elizabeth Ann's shampoo with water in a spray bottle for everyday brushing cause you have to brush their hair everyday. For food give them the Yorkie food available at the vet its good for their teeth and coat. For dry skin I use the food oil for pets that you get at any retail and give them 2.5ml every other day in summer and everday in winter or just put it over the pellets.

Reply to Yorkie Mom