Question
Posted by: BM | 2011/05/25

Yorgut for a toddler

HI Doc.
U know Ive noticed that all yorgut brands are written from ages of 3yrs or 6yrs.
Is there a special brand or product that you can refer me to for a 1 year old.? Or is this fine?

Dear BM
I have just checked the tub of plain yoghurt in my fridge and no mention is made that children under 3 years should not eat it. It is even recommended that children who are weaned can eat plain full-fat yoghurt if they have a lactose intolerance, because the fermentation process uses up the milk sugar (lactose). But if you are worried you could try using paediatric yoghurt, such as the Purity products.

2
Posted by: Jacque | 2011/05/25

I only used Woolies full cream yogurt for my little one since he was 1. Is your little one on cows milk yet, if so and handling it, i would say go ahead. I believe it is very good for them. Try smooth ones first and slowly add the ones with fruit pieces

Reply to Jacque

Dear BM