Question
Posted by: Sam | 2005/07/19

YOGA/PILATES

I have scoliosis of the spine and my doc told me to do pilates. WHere are classes of a trained instructor (Pysiotherapist) in JHB near Linden?

Also could Yoga do the same for me?

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Sam - unfortunately I don't know of any trained Pilates instructors in your area but perhaps some of the other forum members might? Yoga would definitely also be an option since it is also one of the few exercise regimes that work at lengthening, strengthening and twisting the spine as well as developing alignment. Take a look at yogaforscoliosis.com or try to locate an experienced and knowledgeable teacher in your area.
All the best.
Chris