Question
Posted by: Zee | 2008/01/10

Yogalates vs Cardio workouts

HI there ... I've recently purchased a Yogalates dvd to do in the comfort of my home. Each session is just about an hour long & If I do this 3 to 4 days a week, is it still necessary for me to do any cardio workouts?

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Zee - I am not too familiar with Yogalates but operating on the assumption that it applies similar principles to Yoga my answer is that it depends… In yoga, the challenge is to work the physical body without necessarily raising heartbeat and breathing rate. Some argue that cardio work should apply the same principles (ie to work well within our limitrations) but for most its about raising heart rate. A rigorous yoga practise, done often, will no doubt take care of all your physical exercise requirements but for some (like myself) - you may chose to do something else simply because you enjoy it - part of the lesson in yoga is learning to listen to your own innate intelligence.
All the best.
Chris

2
Posted by: andriette | 2008/03/13

me too,both cardio and yoga and it works good!!!!!!!!!!!!!though if you only enjoy yoga,power yuoga is really good and very intense.
regards

Reply to andriette
Posted by: Des | 2008/03/12

Hi - I do both (Yoga and Cardio). I find that if you find a balance between yoga and cardio, it works excellent.

Reply to Des