Question
Posted by: Didi | 2005/05/26

Yoga - type and where?

I've checked previous postings but couldn't find an answer to my question. I am interested in taking up yoga, and understand there are many different types. My reasons for wanting to do yoga is that I'm a very highly strung person, worry-pot, headaches etc. It is not to lose weight, in fact, I would only really like to tone. Can you suggest what type of yoga I should try, and any in the Randburg/Fourways area? I tried the SA Yoga Teachers website, but address was incorrect.

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Didi - yoga will not only help you tone but more importantly, through the breathing, it will help you with those mental and emotional agitations that we all have in one way or another. I won't suggest a specific style but encourage you rather to try a few teachers in your area - ytf.co.za or bksiyengar.co.za websites (remember to add the www), Link Up magazine or you can take a look at the notice board at Fruits and Roots in Bryanston for names and numbers. There is also a studio in Lonehill - haumofyoga.co.za that you can try out.
Good luck with your exploration.
Chris

4
Posted by: Chris | 2005/06/08

Hey Tebza, I searched all the previous replies and found these two that might help:

1. "You can phone Charene at 012 6602276 or 082 5724880. She is in Centurion. Het sister in Brooklyn. They own Yoga connection."
2. "I live in Lyttelton Manor. I go to the Theosophical society in Sunnyside (although for the next few months it is just off Walker street whilst construction is going on). Would be happy to take you with me. Wednesday evening - leave at 4.45 back home by 7.45 pm."

Good luck!
Chris

Reply to Chris
Posted by: tebza | 2005/06/07

Hi Chris

I have great interest in yoga & stay in Pretoria. Can you advise where in pretoria can i get a yoga guru?

Reply to tebza
Posted by: Kerry | 2005/06/05

Hi Didi,

I teach in Randpark Ridge - Monday evenings 20h00 - 21h15 and Saturday mornings - 09h00 - 10h15. If you would like to contact me - 083-377-2868.
Kerry

Reply to Kerry
Posted by: DiDi | 2005/05/27

Thanks for getting back to me Chris, I'm going to try the website now. Cheers

Reply to DiDi