Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2004/01/14

Yoga postures for variosu ailements

I am very stiff, and I wondered what the best strtches are to start off gently? I am also anaemic, so the Sun Salutation is really difficult for me. Any suggestions?

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Sarah - just remember that all of the postures and sequences (including sun salutes) will have easier variations that make a practice available to everyone. Also try and get hold of a copy of BKS Iyengar's "Light on Yoga" which has a whole section on curative postures for a variety of ailments including anemia. As for being stiff, don't worry about that - just try and remember where you are when you start so that you can notice the difference as you practice regularly.
All the best
Chris