Posted by: Bleeding | 2008/10/13

yet another update

hi Dr Bets

since i last updated you i have dveloped a brain tumor. i was supposed to have a craniotomy last thursday but i got shingles the day before surgery and the re section has been scheduled for 20 October. Cancer is a curse. I have to stay with friends till i get the op and im not allowed to drive my car, im on anti swelling and anti seizure drugs as well and i will have to have radiotherapy afterwards.

Dear Bleeding
So sorry to hear this - do they think it is a metastasis of the bladder cancer? I will think of you when you go in for the operation, and wish for you a quick recovery and total removal of the tumour! Let me know how you are. I hope the shingles is better and not too painful.

Posted by: Ruby | 2008/10/14

Hey Bleeding,
Just wanna say I am thinking of you....

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: bleeding | 2008/10/13

my oncologist and the surgeon recon it is a metastasis because it went from the bladder to the liver then the lung
was in remission and is now in the brain. they think i have a good chance because it is at the back left in a fairly clear area. i cant say im not frightened. the furgeon recons the op will take a minimum of 5 hours then i will be in an induced coma for a day before they wake me up. this has been a rough 2 years with all the ops, chemo, im 49 and i wonder if i will see 50?

Reply to bleeding