Question
Posted by: Veronika | 2003/03/10

Yes or no to breast reduction

I am a 36E bra size about 1.4m tall, weigh 64kg, am 32 years old and need to know whether or not I could have my breasts reduced for medical reasons. I have the following complaints. I have deap indents in my shoulders, painful premenstral tenderness, bad posture, mild back pain and spend a fortune on underwear and bathing suites. I would also like to know what the disadvantages are and the post surgery complications.

Veronika, the major complications are the costs (the medical aids often refuse to pay) and the scars. The biggest benefit is what it does for your appearance and therefore your self esteem. I doubt that it will do permanent damage to your health apart from the symptoms you mentioned, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. Good luck.