Question
Posted by: MJ | 2007/03/15

Yellow/Green tongue

For over a month now my tongue has been a yellow colour, especially in the mornings its bright yellow/green, it also tastes horrible. No matter how much i drink or brush my teeth its there and is still a terrible colour. My mouth also feels dry and somethime my saliva feels frothy. I've heard this is a stomach or liver promblem? what could be causing this?

Dear MJ
Yes this can be a sign of an infection, low immunity, liverproblems or chronic infection in sinuses or salivary glands. I think you need a liverfunction test and a full blood count at least to try and identify the cause. It may be worth while to send away a sputum sample for microbiology to see if you have an overgrowth of bacteria in your mouth.