Question
Posted by: Jock. | 2008/07/21

Yellow maize.

Hi Diet Doc, I have just read your article on healthy foods and I can tell you these foods are included in our diet on a daily basis. But coarse yellow maize??. I have been looking for it since way back when. Could you please tell me where I can find it?

Dear Jock
I am glad to hear that you are eating such an excellent diet. Yellow maize can be purchased at some supermarkets and if you happen to live in rural areas you can contact your local co-operative and ask them if they will sell you yellow maize that has been coarsely milled. More finely milled yellow maize is available in most supermarkets as 'polenta'. Hopefully as the demand increases, we will have more of this healthy product available, which ironically is mainly fed to animals in SA!
Enjoy

1
Posted by: Jock | 2008/07/23

Hi Doc, Thank you.

Reply to Jock